Sunday, February 10, 2008

Home Away From Home

We should believe in the famous saying 'When in Rome, Do As Romans Do!'? Or, we should believe that wherever we are we should stick to our ethics and principals, and not change them because that's what is expected?


Now, I would like to share my favorite photographic moments from my most recent visit to Italy: Antica Roma

~ Roman Holidays ~

As for myself, I kept accepting the roman ways, and getting this idea in my heart I enjoyed following the country's ethics and respected the ideas of the country during my travel. I think that we can be like that the Romans, a citizen of that country as long as we do not hurt their sentiments and values:) It was indeed kind of fun to be supposed someone real different -rather than Turkish or Italian- for a while long, because the question I'm most frequently asked about was 'Sei francese?' (English: Are you french?) by the Italians, and I replied them so often 'No, non sono. No, non sono. No, non sono.' (English: No, I am not. I am not. I am not:)


''Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile.'' by Hippocrates

Translation into English of the Latin quotation is:

''Life is short,
the art long,
opportunity fleeting,
experiment treacherous,
judgment difficult.''

3 comments:

  1. Bela Italia!! It must have been fun and educational trip too.I enjoyed the photos ,thanks for sharing Nihal!!

    Like you,i´ve been busy (lazy too:))to go surfing in the last days.

    Hope you are well and thanks for your visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the eternal city, i could live there right away!
    lovely images nihal, remembering my last trip there!
    i'm sure you had a great time, romans are so friendly and kind.
    hope to go back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Rome in over 20 years so it was fun to revisit through your photographs. The little yellow car made me smile. I'm not sure I'd want to drive one but it is cute as can be.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete