Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Flying Emotions

-
It is no secret that I am a big fan of postcards; every kind of them. So in that long tradition I am loving both old and new, printed and handmade, or even quilted. Many of you may not know what it is like to make a card but it gives you a lot of time to think before create it.

Right now I feel myself in an exhibition moment;) Little pieces are about something! See them, and let me hear your reviews:)



Joy and melancholy by A little birdie told me so


Kitchen love and soup of the evening by My five men


A little bit of this, a little bit of that. Art, love, tear glued by Mod girl


Life advice 'Write it on your heart, everyday is the best' by My blessed life


Car is useless, because it's the Big Apple by Mille Fiori Favoriti


The moods of nature and its acceptance requested by Muse swings


A few facts about the mysterious author of CrossRoads by Birdbath Chronicles. The biggest surprise for me is this one, postcard scrabble:)


Home to small snakes, mailbox by Life at willow manor

... well then, by CrossRoads?


A local expression, means like ''See no evil Istanbul, God bless''

I wanted to use my home address as a theme, the 'Museum-like' city and the heart of the country, Istanbul. I touched softly on the backside of my cards in different, so different patterns, here's a few details:


As I always underline the world needs to change.
We can change the perspective, change the world. With this exchange organized by Stephanie of A little birdie told me so, we enjoyed so much speaking as above, and applying our emotions learned through observations. Each one of them infused so much warmth and personality. Because each one of us brought love to our craft, and that made the difference!



6 comments:

  1. I am a fan of the first one, I am partial to sketches :-) but they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, you've received your cards! It was a fun exchange. Every card was an expression of the person who sent it. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Stephanie: It was a summer exchange and waited patiently if last 3 will arrive.. but our Postwoman brings nothing. So today I decided to post all what I received: 8 of 11.
    Tks for the exchange:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nihal, these are wonderful. And, what an wonderful exchange. Each card is so reflective. I would love doing something like this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too bad you didn't get all the postcards Nihal. I guess that can happen with long distance mail.
    I'm glad you enjoyed the ones you did get. I enjoyed your post card very much!
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your postcard to me is like magis - with the beautiful little glittery star and tinsel - I plan to show mine soon along with the very special box I have to keep them in. The exchange was such fun - waiting by the mail box each day. I love the way you have displayed yours in this post - who would have thought of beans! Fantastic

    ReplyDelete