they unite behind causes.
they converse and,
challenge each other.
One thing has never changed: togetherness.
No matter what does the position actually, but the molecule of togetherness 'people' do matter for us -they certainly do. Everything for people, People for everything. We have people -employees, colleagues, customers, partners, fans, friends and their families. Be on several resources -business, social life, digital media or politics.
Being a businesswoman, I'm on a journey, just like everyone else it's all about business and making money, trying my best for the society I'm in. I admit that many people as well as many businesses tend to spend great time and effort in a 'I can't. Why?' position.
Regardless of what you are into, which area of business, I know that people both in and outside of the US had their own opinions on the historic occasion, right?
Still fresh in our memories. Going back to only six-days. I took some notes when I was watching President's Inauguration speech. This in my eyes is that there is a move 'new, catchy and different'. Politics is not a tribune anymore. A great, quite rare opportunity to evolve communications as I know it. Thus, people now have more and easier ways how to get involved in it.
How can I say this? How can Obama make a success of it?
Reading following points will help you, especially when or if your team may be affected by the lack of focus and lack of leadership. Because it not only changes the way we do business but the way we think. Here are my favorite passages and break down:
- Be responsible and connective. Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age.
- Be hopefilled. We gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord.
- Be change and innovative. We come to proclaim an end to the pretty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn-out dogmas.
- Be insistent. The time has come to set aside childish things. The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit.
- Be willing. We understand that greatness is never a given. It must be earned.
- Be decisive. All this we can do. And all this we will do.
- Be bona fide holder. To all other people and governments who are watching today, from the grandest capitals to the small village where my father was born.
- Be friendly. Know that America is a friend of each nation and every man, woman and child who seeks a future of peace and dignity, and that we are ready to lead once more.
- Be learner -from the past mistakes. We will begin to responsibly leave Iraq to its people, and forge a hard-earned peace in Afghanistan.
- Be locked to the target -multiculturalism and diversity is the future. For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness.
- Be emotional tie. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus --and non believers.
- Be real human being, first. As the world grows smaller, our common humanity shall reveal itself.
- Be mover forward. America must play its role in ushering in a new era of peace.
- Be reconciled. To the Muslim world, we seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect.
- Be peacemaker -not war maker. To those leaders around the globe who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's illness on the west: Know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy.
- Be acceptor -if your own error. We will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your first.
- Be never compromising. Those values upon which our success depends --hard work and honesty, courage and fair play, tolerance and curiosity, loyalty and patriotism-- these things are old. But these things are true. **Exactly! Exactly true President! Nihal's mind and heart stopped here in:)
- Be big brother never. This is the meaning of our liberty and our creed --a man whose father less than 60 years ago might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you take a most sacred oath.
- Become never demoralized. With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come.
That's how he has got those things I want in a leader. In a world-leader!
Because there's a future relies in his each word, if it's carefully well-read and well-understood. It's about how to make strong societies with many ideas, ways of living, and ways of solving problems; globally. Pleased to say that I added a few new values into my leading skills after his very first speech. Let's face it, I feel so good, so better, so richer than the past:)
It's on the business side.
And, from a political point of view?
Inshallah I won't die with something left or unsatisfied. Just because of his concentration about 'peace in the world' that I've ever missed so far seeing in a leader. I should say that this 'new era of peace' needs to come from the new globalized, interconnected nature of the 'people' learning to view the differences and diversity as a communal strength. I fully agree that we are in a time of change. In keeping with this idea, everyone need to make up their mind about change.
Finally, this is the first in a lifetime opportunity to move the world forward with enthusiasm and desire as President Obama does. As for myself, I'll be part of the baking process to follow his leadership qualities at envisioning the future, thinking strategically and leading others.
What lessons did you take from
Mr President's endeavour/speech?
Mr President's endeavour/speech?
In case you missed it, or would like to see it again, the full video is at WhiteHouse Gov.
Source: Images from Inauguration day via SABAH turkish newspaper.