Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Colorful Blooms

''To everything
there is a season and a time
to every purpose under Heaven''
Ecclesiastes


Ah, sweet memories of running barefoot through a field of sunflowers dancing in the summer breeze...

A blue sky, a sandy beach and a carefree spirit flooded in the warmth of the summer sun...

Still remember the wonderful profusion of colorful blooms?

Being a passionate lover of summer season, I found myself within these feelings that were passing thru my mind today:) Of course, each turn of the seasons rewards us with natural beauty beyond compare. I THANK MOTHER NATURE!

I wanted to bring summertime bliss to my friend Alessandra's home in Udine, Italia, by a 3''X9'' cross-stitched hanging. I found the punto de cruz (English: Cross stitch) pattern from a Spanish craft magazine Labores del Hogar, as seen above.

With love and thinking of her, I stitched it:) Like a golden ray of sunshine on a gray October day, I hope that these spring flowers will perk up the spirits and brighten her mood. Spero che ti faccia felice questo ricamo che ho fatto di cuore, Alessandra.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and a lovely pressie! I'm sure your friend will love this! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making a gift for a friend is a special thing - for both of you.

    Lovely cross stich. The book looks interesting.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gift....
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete